The 2008 federal tax filing deadline is April 15, 2009. But residents of Hawaii have until April 20, 2009 to file state tax forms. If you’re going to miss either deadline, you can file an extension with the feds and the state. Just follow these links:
- IRS forms and publications, including instructions
- IRS extension forms and instructions
Note that there are separate forms for individuals and corporations.
- Select your forms by state at the Federation of Tax Administrators (or FTA)
State of Hawaii
- Department of Taxation provides tax forms on both PDF and online versions
- State of Hawaii extension forms
Hawaii’s eGov.org website contains all you need to file state taxes online, including business taxes, general excise taxes and personal income taxes.